- The Alliance française of Berkeley offers preparation classes for tests and diplomas based on the same levels as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
- The tests (TEF and TCF) are reliable measurements for determining proficiency and are only valid for a period of time.
- The diplomas are similar to university degrees in that they confirm language proficiency and are valid for life.
- The DELF and DALF, TEF and TCF are available at the Alliance Française de San Francisco.
- Please consult their websites for more information about costs and schedules.
DELF PRIM (AGES 8-11)
The DELF Prim is an official diploma awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify the skills in French as a foreign language of children aged 8 to 11. The Prim version is also open to all young French citizens living in non-French-speaking countries.
DELF JUNIOR (AGES 12-16)
Junior (Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française) is an official qualification awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify the competency of candidates from outside France in the French language.DELF Junior version is also open to all young French citizens who reside in any non-francophone country. These diplomas are valid for life.
DELF & DALF
Are official certifications awarded by the French Ministry of Education certifying level of fluency in French. Useful for school records and college and job applications in French-speaking countries. Scores valid for life. Ressources pour se préparer aux dîplomes.
TCF & TEF
Are required if you want to apply at French universities, if you want to submit an immigration application at a Quebec immigration office, or for anybody who wants to have their French language skills assessed to apply for the French nationality.